Missed evangelism opportunities was Re: Not Happy with ShipIt

Frank Hale frankhale1 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 13:33:49 UTC 2005

> I think the ShipIt system needs to be improved where the people who have
> ordered prior to the date of the unstable Ubuntu becoming stable receive
> their orders promptly.

I disagree. We are talking about a very nice free gift with no
obligation on your part other than to fill in your address and how
many cd's you want. To demand prompt service is a slap in the face. If
they put in place a method to purchase the cd's then I'd almost
certainly expect some type of prompt service. I don't think we can
demand prompt service from a totally free method of receiving Ubuntu
cd's. It just makes no valid sense. We should be happy that we can
receive as many *free* cd's as we like, whether that takes 2 or 3
months to receive is beside the point, It's totally free of charge!