Cannot install base-config with apt-get

Marc Wiriadisastra strikeforce at iinet.net.au
Wed Aug 3 12:08:05 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-08-03 at 12:57 +0200, Oliver Grawert wrote:
> hi,
> Am Mittwoch, den 03.08.2005, 06:32 -0400 schrieb Philipude:
> > *An updated breezy that catch ANY wireless AccessPoints in the
> > surroundings but without a graphic desktop OR
>
> > My problem seems to be that I need the apt-get dist-upgrade to make my
> > wifi card to work, but the apt-get dist-upgrade of Breezy imply that
> > *"console-tools" "console-data" and "base-config" have unmet
> > dependencies as a result of an error code(1)* leaving the desktop
> > unaccessable??
> note that breezy is not intended for day to day use, its in heavy
> development and broken currently... its intended to be used by people
> that can work around such breakage, provide bugreports and help fixing
> the breakages. if you want to use it on a daily base, i would suggest to
> wait for the preview release in four weeks where things should have
> worked out a bit.
>
> ciao
> 	oli

Slightly off topic however will we be able to dist-upgrade to Breezy
when it gets released?

I've never actually done that before since I've always formatted and
re-install when a new version of Fedora has come out and I've heard so
much of the debian dist-upgrade so I'm wondering will I be able to use
this special treat?

Marc