After reading the support threads I am baffled

James infohwyman at cox.net
Wed Aug 3 09:43:08 UTC 2005

Does it not occur to anyone at UBUNTU that no root user causes us to not
be able to get into a logged in prompt where we can type sudo -s?
I cannot find anywhere, one shred of why this has not been addressed.  I
tried the sudo -s from a live boot after installing it, and of course
that did not work because it is in a different session that I made my
changes.  Does anyone have a reasonable answer why this Linux for the
people is harder than any other to get into?

James