Alternate Ubuntu/Linux Mailing List

daphatbell at gmail.com daphatbell at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 04:17:21 UTC 2005

I have now and being a newbie, and not having the faintest clue or inclination (right
now) to do what seems to be programming (which I know little about), it just seems a
lot to do, just to mount a hard drive. So I downloaded MandrakeLinux 10.1 and
during the install phase, it burped on the drivers for the hd, but it did mount the other
NTFS drives without having to edit this or that, I finally have sound out of ALL my 5.1
speakers, it plays .wmv videos, and this is right out the box! Sorta speak. So
needless to say, I'll be concentrating on Mandrake (Mandriva) for now on this
computer, which is a triple boot computer. I'll keep ubuntu installed on the other
computer for now. At least until I get the cd iso files downloaded. I don't have a dvd
drive on that one.

Appreciate the link. I have bookmarked it, just in case....

Thank You, Ed and John.