Wireless laptop configuration problem

William Chapman jeddahbill at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 03:27:42 UTC 2005

On 8/2/05, kleeman <ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org> wrote:

> First I agree you should try without WEP to begin with.
>
> Secondly it sounds like the basic ath0 networking infrastructure (as
> revealed by your route command and the fail message on boot) are not
> being set up properly. Have a look through your message logfile
> /var/log/messages and see if you can find any references to ath0 not
> working i.e. find out what that fail message was about...
>

> --
> kleeman

Kleeman,

Please see my answer to Christoph above.  I'm in the process of
re-installing Ubuntu on that laptop starting with a slightly different
networking configuration.  (Oh!  I forgot to mention the last thing in
my reply to Christoph!)  Yes, this time, I'm installing with the wired
Ethernet connected, and the wireless PCMCIA card unplugged.

Unfortunately, I'm not able to read the /var/log/messages file, but
will keep a sharp eye in the days to come.

I will post my results/progress soon!

Thanks again,

Bill Chapman