Panasonic Toughbook PCMCIA Problems

Ian K omega21 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 16:22:16 UTC 2005

Paul Sladen wrote:

>On Tue, 2 Aug 2005, Ian K wrote:
>

>>>have a Panasonic Laptop (CF-37).  When he inserts a 3com LAN card, it
>>>beeps, and beeps again on removal. When he inserts the WAN
>>>card, which he needs working the most, there are no sounds.
>>>A quick look in the dmesg, shows a nobody cared error, as
>>>well as a 'cs: unable to apply power.'
>>>

>Probably one of:
>
>  3.3volt card in a 5volt only slot?
>  Cardbus card in a 16-bit only slot?
>
>If you really get stuck; One useful thing to know is that all Compact Flash
>(CF) cards are rated to work at either 3.3v or 5v and will work in a passive
>PCMCIA->CF adaptor.
>
>	-Paul

I do remember though we got past this on Gentoo. I think. I used the
2.4 kernel on Gentoo with a how-to, and was very close to getting it
to work. It did say how many volts the card was (the WAN card). I think
it was 3.3. I dont really know what to do, and he really needs internet
as he is a student. How do I get past a nobody cared?
Thanks a lot guys! :)
Ian