En: macromedia plugins

Tommy Trussell tommy.trussell at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 16:01:57 UTC 2005

On 8/2/05, Renato Henriques <repehe at yahoo.com> wrote:
> When a certain frame does not show up, we know the flash plugin is missing.
> I click on it, I am redirected to the macromedia site, I download the plug
> in but it seems unable to be installed. I work with a power-pc. Might that
> be it?

Macromedia does not make a plugin that works with linux on PowerPC.

You can try installing the swf-player package (in the Universe
repository) but in my experience it uses a lot of processing power and
does not work with most flash sites.

You can also try the libflash-mozplugin package (with its required packages).

Unfortunately either one may cause your browser to crash on some
sites, so you may end up removing them.