serial driver + ioctl

Lee Braiden lee_b at digitalunleashed.com
Tue Aug 2 10:19:06 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 02 August 2005 10:46, Rahul Tank wrote:
>  hello all,
>    i am trying to write an ioctl for my serial driver.
> i am trying to implement a method which works like
> 'setserial' however i am unable to understand how to
> set the baud rate .
>   any pointers

I'd say look for a high-level serial library, rather than dealing with ioctls
directly.  I'm sure I remember seeing some C++--based libraries for serial
IO, and certain other languages like python, ruby, and perl will provide that
sort of thing.  I'm not 100% sure, but I think the highest interface the
kernel provides is the family of calls described on the termios manpage.

--
Lee Braiden
http://www.DigitalUnleashed.com