[Hoary] Hang on boot of install CD at "ENABLING IO-APIC IRQs"

Henning Kilset Pedersen henning at mopo.no
Tue Aug 2 09:30:27 UTC 2005

Hello.

        We've installed Ubuntu on several machines of varying age and
        make, with
        no problems so far. However, today, when attempting to boot from
        the
        install CD on one particular machine, the install CD hangs when
        it gets
        to the line

                ENABLING IO-APIC IRQs

        I really have no idea where to start looking for solutions to
        this
        problem, as I'm not aware of anything special with the hardware
        in this
        machine. It has run and installed Fedora Core 3 just fine and
        dandy up
        until now.

        Anyone seen similar behavior? Any way to set an option on the
        install cd
        boot screen to "skip" the particular step that is failing?

        Regards,
        Henning Pedersen
        mopo AS