Floppy and Clock

Robert Payne epaynerg at optusnet.com.au
Mon Aug 1 19:51:29 UTC 2005

Hi Again,

> | However I have a problem mounting the floppy, can someone
> | please tell be the steps required for this ?
> The middle menu, 4th from the upper one, then right clic
> on the floppy icon, select mount. Your floppy must be in the drive
> before that.
> Menus in french would be Raccourcis/Poste de travail. Don't know
> the equivalent in english.
> A trick: if the file fail going in the floppy, format it, although

Sorry, tried all that, simply no icon there. I can see my cd, usb drive,
main drive but certainly no floppy icon.

I tried going to root and "mount/dev/fd0" and this did not work either.
And the floppy works, no problem with windows. Btw, motherboard
is an Asrock k7vm4 just incase something hardware specific ?

So, please, any other suggestions ?

> it is new and already formatted.
>
> | Also it seems that Ubantu sets my clock to UTC rather than
> | local time when setting up time zones. Is there a way around
> | this or is it the way it is ?
> Click on the clock then right click on the clock and select
> ajust time and hour. You'll even find how to set up ntp  :)

Yep, done that, my clock in the control panel when I adjust it
will be at 14:xx: and the clock icon will still be at 05:xx no matter
what I do. BTW I have unticked the gmt option in the clock
box. Maybe something to do with the 9.5 hr diff here are maybe
a bug?

Sorry to be a nuisance, just I like the concept of Ubantu and want to
give it a good try. And so far these are the only things I have not got
to work !!!!!

Thank you all again

Regards

Rob Payne