Wifi on HP zv6000 series notebook problems

kokomo ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Mon Aug 1 23:38:50 UTC 2005

Hey, I was trying to get gentoo 64-bit to run because I was still having
issues with my ATI drivers.... and while looking around I found some
Broadcom 64-bit drivers for their wireless hardware.  Supposedly Acer
has released drivers for their 64-bit PCs...  I haven't gotten it to
work on gentoo, it complained about the drivers being Version 17
Wireless Extensions, and recommended upgrading to Version 18 for full
features.  Couldn't get it working.  ](*,)

Anyways, here are the links...

64-bit Broadcom 4318 Drivers =>
http://www.runithard.com/HOWTO-BCOM64WIRELESS/Acer80211g.rar

64-Bit Generic Broadcom Drivers =>
http://ubuntuforums.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=186

Thanks to www.runithard.com for the drivers.

Please let me know if any of them are successful, I might switch back
to amd64 if they work.

--
kokomo