macromedia plugins

Scott J. Henson scotth at csee.wvu.edu
Mon Aug 1 20:11:05 UTC 2005

Renato Henriques wrote:

> When a certain frame does not show up, we know the flash plugin is
> missing. I click on it, I am redirected to the macromedia site, I
> download the plug in but it seems unable to be installed. I work with
> a power-pc. Might that be it?

The macromedia flash plugin is binary and for i386 only.  So it won't
work on powerpc.  But there is a free software version that does "work"
on powerpc, unfortunately it doesn't work on most flash sites.  Also it
tends to make firefox unstable in my experience.  So I never install
it.  But search for flash player in synaptic and I'm sure youll find it.