MOTU report - issue 6

Daniel Holbach dh at mailempfang.de
Mon Aug 1 19:59:10 UTC 2005

Hi everybody,

this is the sixth issue of the MOTU report, bringing the last month of
MOTU [1] action directly to your home.

[1] http://wiki.ubuntu.com/MOTU

The most important bit: our MOTU hopefuls, we have quite a high
fluctuation, there are always popping new people into #ubuntu-motu and
it's charming to see their enthusiasm and determination to get into
Ubuntu development.

Read this list: Moritz Breit (mo42), Daniel Neuenschwander (DanielN),
Barry deFreese (bddebian), Stefan Potyra (sistpoty), Trent Lloyd
(lathiat), Frode M. Doeving (frode), Loic Pefferkorn, Jean-Remy Falleri
(JRe), Anthony Mercatante, Ricardo Markiewicz, Peter Grundström, Fabio
Marzocca (thesaltydog), Andreas Mussgiller, Adolfo González Blázquez,
Jonathan Carter (highvoltage).

We want to thank each and every one of them. They all do ROCKING work,
to make the Ubuntu/Kubuntu/Edubuntu world spin around, so give them all
the support you can.

We're quite happy we got some reinforcements last month, we're 27 now.
This will help us to get a shiny Universe for Breezy, but we're not
remotely there yet, so if you'd like to get involved in hacking, fixing
and learning, don't walk, run to #ubuntu-motu on irc.freenode.net -
there's enough to do for everyone. :-)

The list of new maintainers:

Christian Bjälevik (Nafallo) joined us and finally he's in the team, he
himself describes his field of work as "Security and everywhere
else :-)".

Martin Meredith (Mez) worked in the Unofficial Backports team for quite
a while and will help to polish up Kubuntu, especially k3b.

Sebastian Droege (slomo) wants to work on Backports, will help fixing
stuff and generally help everywhere where he can be useful, no doubt,
he'll succeed.

Debian Developer Martin Krafft (madduck) joined us too and will be
involved in Zope/Plone, hct, integration and keeping his packages in
good shape.

Jorge Daza (comadreja) did some rocking work and is in the team now too.

Wow!

We had our second review day and covered quite a lot of packages on REVU
[2], which also got some improvements and looks charming nowadays.

[2] http://siretart.tauware.de/revu

Corey Burger and some other Wiki addicts marked all our wiki pages (in
one of the biggest cleanup sessions the current wiki has seen) as
'CategoryMOTU', head to [3] to see all our documents on the wiki.

[3] http://wiki.ubuntu.com/CategoryMOTU

We're currently working heavily on [4], [5] and [6], there are even some
unfinished items on [7] - so if you ever wanted to know how it feels
like to keep packages in shape, join us now. :-)

[4] http://wiki.ubuntu.com/UniverseUnmetDeps
[5] http://wiki.ubuntu.com/MOTUToMerge
[6] http://wiki.ubuntu.com/MOTUGhc6Transition
[7] http://wiki.ubuntu.com/CxxLibraryList

You all can see it: the MOTU world does spin around, but we all think,
it's not spinning fast enough. If you want to get involved, this could
be your time. :-)

If you want to be part of it, start here: http://wiki.ubuntu.com/MOTU

Have a nice day,
 Daniel (for the MOTU team)

PS: I surely forgot to mention something important or YOUR piece of
rocking work. Write me and I'll report about it next time.

PPS: We'll have the next MOTU meeting on August 3rd 22:00 UTC in
#ubuntu-meeting - if you're interested, head to [8] for more
information.

[8] http://wiki.ubuntu.com/MOTUMeeting