Not Happy with ShipIt

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr
Mon Aug 1 17:07:25 UTC 2005

> There are several outfits which sell Ubuntu CDs and DVDs for quite
> reasonable prices (I found CDs listed for 3 Euros and DVDs for 5 Euros,
> plus shipping).  Check with Google....

It is rather strange that this sites have Ubuntu CDs and DVD available,
when Ubuntu itself has problems shipping to people that use shipit...
I suspect that these sites/places don't sell real Ubuntu CD's... but
just dirty copies... If "I" am going to pay, I would of course want the
money to go to Ubuntu, and get proper/official CD's from them. I thought
that went without saying...
Still, if one really is desperate for CD and hasn't broadband, a
crappy/unofficial CD is better than no CD at all... I admit ;-)

--
Vince, luckily has broadband, and "luckily" has no real need for pretty
official CD's... as no potential 'converts' around :o(