Ubuntu Hoary print to Debian Sarge cups server

Scott J. Henson scotth at csee.wvu.edu
Mon Aug 1 03:02:54 UTC 2005

Wenzhuo Zhang wrote:

> <snip>
>
>But, what is root cause of this problem? Shall we make the Print Command
>the default in the Firefox package?

The cause is that the Mozilla developers had to make a choice about what
version of postscript they wanted to support in their ps module.
Unfortunately for many of us with older printers that are still
perfectly good, we have to use the command you listed.  That or
recompile firefox with xprint support and use that, which is what I
did.  Supposedly this will get better in later versions of firefox.