menu

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Sat Apr 30 00:53:10 UTC 2005

On Fri, Apr 29, 2005 at 03:19:49PM -0400, Andy Choens wrote:
>> Don't despair if you don't find the files. Sometimes GNOME is a bit
>> slow with reacting to changes in the menu entries. Log out and log
>> back in, that should fix it.
>
>Good point.  I have been known to use xkill to force the gnome-panel to
>reset.  I'm usre there's an easier way, but it's faster than logging
>out and logging in.

Ah, yes, of course. Should have tought of that. It seems it also
responds to HUP, like so many other well-behaved Linux/Unix programs:

 $ pkill -HUP gnome-panel

/M

magnus at therning.org
http://magnus.therning.org/

by patent law on written works.

Intellectual property (IP) has been driving the species for some five
million years. In the past 100 or so years, it's increasingly been saddled
with the chore of lining the pockets of middlemen and parasites who, sans
this lining, would lack sufficient intellect to open a can of beer.
     -- Tom Matrullo