Distrowatch down for several days?

Ari Torhamo ari.torhamo at saunalahti.fi
Fri Apr 29 19:31:14 UTC 2005

pe, 2005-04-29 kello 20:22 +0200, Vincent Trouilliez kirjoitti:
> > Tried this too but still no Distrowatch :-(
>
> Did you also try entering the IP address of the site: 66.180.174.35 in
> the address bar of your web browser ?

Yes I tried that also, just forgot to mention it - sorry. It didn't work
any better than the normal way.

> > Maybe I will just have to give up for now and learn to live without Distrowatch :-/
> > Ari Torhamo
>
> Well don't worry, worst case scenario, we will keep you informed ;-)

Thanks :-) I guessed you would know whats going on there.

> Ubuntu has steadily rose since Warty, but unlike what I expected, the
> rate of climb didn't increase with the release of Hoary, it just kept
> going at the same pace. For the first time, it has settled for a about a
> week at about 3500 HPD, with Mandrake (well, "Mandriva" now) who rose
> from their rock stoeady 1500 up to about 2000, probably due to all the
> fuss about their acquisition of Connectiva and their new name, release
> schedule etc. BUt it seems to ha ve settled at 2000 now.
> So I guess Ubuntu will remain at 3500, at least until Breezy is
> released...

How did you know I was dying to know the current page hit rankings? :-)

> If I am wrong and there is any move worth noting in the ranking, I will
> keep you informed ;-)

Thanks again Vince, you gave me the peace of mind :o)

Regards,

Ari