ubuntu-base

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Thu Apr 28 19:47:04 UTC 2005

On Thu, Apr 28, 2005 at 09:28:21AM -0400, lao_V wrote:
>These two are meta-packages which enables you to have a system as
>designed/developed by Ubuntu including their custom settings etc.
>
>You don't need these packages but if you did install them then you can
>be sure your system works the way it was meant to.

Installing ubuntu-desktop is a good way of getting a very nice,
functional desktop. You can always remove (purge) some unnecessary
packages later on.

/M

magnus at therning.org
http://magnus.therning.org/

by patent law on written works.

Finagle's Second Law:
Always keep a record of data -- it indicates you've been working.