IRC moderators

Ari Torhamo ari.torhamo at saunalahti.fi
Thu Apr 28 09:53:50 UTC 2005

to, 2005-04-28 kello 08:16 +0200, Dennis Kaarsemaker kirjoitti:
> On wo, 2005-04-27 at 23:29 -0500, Jesse Haubrich wrote:
> > The crowd is getting increasingly juvenile.
>
> Really?? Since when? I spend a lot of time there and there it's no more
> juvenile than before. Every busy IRC channel will sometimes be off-topic
> and have arguments, but that's normal...

I have to agree with Jesse on this. I went to
http://irclog.workaround.org/ to see what's been going on in #ubuntu
lately and found quite a many comments that most people would find very
offensive. Maybe this is normal on some IRC channels, but I can see no
reason why #ubuntu should be like that. The channel is a part of the
Ubuntu community and in my opinion the Ubuntu Code of Conduct should
apply there too.

I have included a few recent excerpts from the channel here. They are
from  23.00 yesterday to 6.00 this morning.

Ari

WARNING! VERY OFFENSIVE TEXT AHEAD

[...]
who here is offended by the topic of ana_l se_x?
[...]
'cause no one will answer this question: have you ever had another
person's pen_is in your as_s?
[...]
I have personally never had a dic_k up my as_s.
[...]
if linux|ubuntu!=but_t se_x...
[...]
if i asked if you had ever attempted reproduction with a member of the
opposite se_x, via geni_tal-to-geni_tal interaction.. well, what do you
think about that?
[...]
hel_l fu_cking yes, the last chick i fu_cked couldn't walk for a week
[...]
60% of americans have broadband. everywhere else is a barren,
practically lifeless wasteland.. but i'm sure you knew that
[...]
on top of that, there better be some japanese bit_ches vomitting on
eachother
[...]
vomitting on eachother, in a bath tub.. then they scoop some of the
floating bits of an unidentifiable fish.. which they eat
[...]
also, the one where the dude is laying on his stomach, and a woman with
high-heels is stomping on his balls
[...]
did you have se_x with them, [xxxxxxx]?
[...]
"does it really matter if she gives good head?"
[...]
"fu_cking as_shole doing 50 in a neighborhood"
[...]
i hate asian midgets
[replying to himself] i certainly hope the asian midgets who frequent
this channel were not offended