Can apt-get/synaptic handle 2 arches on amd64?

Alexander Volovics awol at home.nl
Thu Apr 28 09:27:12 UTC 2005

James Wilkinson wrote:

> Hi Alexander! Nice to see a familiar name from the Fedora list.

Hello James, I had already seen you in action on this list,
for example correcting slightly daft views about fedora.

It's also nice to have an old fedoraister do my research for me :-)
I was too lazy to find out by myself. Thanks for your comprehensive answer.

I will stick with fedora for my AMD64 desktop machine, for a number of
reasons not related to the 32/64 bit question.

I do use, and will continue to use, ubuntu on my laptop.
It is slightly more laptop friendly 'out of the box' than fedora
and the ubuntu/debian setup does have a certain elegance.

By the way, I post to this list as 'Ubu Roi <ravachol at home.nl>'

Cheers,
Alexander aka Ubu