Flopping Problems

Ari Torhamo ari.torhamo at saunalahti.fi
Thu Apr 28 07:15:28 UTC 2005

ke, 2005-04-27 kello 20:32 -0700, Shawn Christopher kirjoitti:

> I mean I know it seems like I am pushing the package that I need to be
> using Windows...however I'm really tired of doing what I need to do for
> work. and installing Ubuntu. As far as Dual booting...I've had BAD
> experiences with that...so any other ideas?

I have got the impression from this list that generally people using
Hoary have very little problems with dual boot. I'm not at all an
experienced or knowledgeable user - you propably no much more about
computers than I do, but dual boot has always been an easy and problem
free thing for me to set up - I have done it for several machines
(allways into one hard drive). Actually there even isn't much to set up
- it's so automated. As far as you take care not to install over your
existing Windows partition, you normally should have no worries.

Was your problem with getting the dual boot to work at all or didn't it
work properly? Again - I propably can't help you myself, but
the-ones-who-know-things on this list very well might be able to.

Sorry about actually not being able to help you :-(

Regards,

Ari Torhamo