wireless trouble - Buffalo WLI-CB-G54 (toyfactory)

Rainer Gutkas Rainer.Gutkas at kstp.at
Wed Apr 27 15:53:32 UTC 2005

If I understood you right you got the problem that you're wifi doesn't start up automatically....
I use to install a system using wifi, so I can enter the Routerdata, etc... in the installer. But it can be easy  configured with automatical startup:
I guess you got hotplug installed (was installed by default on my maschine).
You gotta edit /etc/network/interfaces and map your wlan to hotplug (automatic add the support for your wlan).
My Wlan was default set to /dev/eth1 if it's wlan0 in your case just replace eth1 with wlan0
.
.
.
# This is a list of hotpluggable network interfaces.
# They will be activated automatically by the hotplug subsystem.
mapping hotplug
        script grep
        map eth1

# The primary network interface (WLAN
iface eth1 inet static
        # wireless-* options are implemented by the wireless-tools package
        wireless-mode managed
        wireless-essid MYWLAN
	wireless-key a8b23f98abc765dd3917dea471
        address 00.00.0.090