heterogeneous display adapters

Cybe R. Wizard cyber_wizard at mindspring.com
Wed Apr 27 03:24:08 UTC 2005

On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 22:50:04 -0400
Matt Patterson <matt at v8zman.com> wrote:

> I have a machine that has an onboard ati rage xl, and I have a nvidia
> geforce 2 in the agp slot. I currently run it in xinerama mode, but
> with  no hardware acceleration. I would like to accelerate at least
> the nvidia  card (don't think the rage xl has any acceleration
> features). Is it  possible to run the nvidia instead of nv drivers for
> just one display  and leave hte other unaccelerated?
>
> Thanks,
> Matt

I hope that someone will dispute me, but in my experience, no.  Your
display will default to the non-accelerated card.  I hope that I'm wrong
for I have a similar setup currently disabled because I can't get 3D
with at least one card.

Cybe R. Wizard
--
Q: What's the difference between MicroSoft Windows and a virus?
A: Apart from the fact that viruses are supported by their authors,