my hotplug is broken in hoary

Horst Schlonz horst.schlonz at gmx.de
Tue Apr 26 16:25:15 UTC 2005

Am Montag, den 25.04.2005, 12:18 -0700 schrieb crimsun at fungus.sh.nu:
> On Mon, Apr 25, 2005 at 08:47:57PM +0200, Horst Schlonz wrote:
> > c'mon. sd-mod IS already loaded.
>
> Unload it, then modprobe it again.
>
> Seriously, this helps troubleshoot. I _am_ asking for a reason.

well, ok.

i removed sd_mod (had to stop hotplug first), modprobed it again,
started hotplug again, eveything gets recognized fine, logged out and
back in just to be sure but no media gets shown on the desktop nor in
the places menu.

i expected this as i can't see any difference between manually
modprobing sd_mod and letting scsi.agent do it automatically.