Patch for PowerPC video mirroring (Mac laptops)

James Tappin sjt at star.sr.bham.ac.uk
Tue Apr 26 15:30:00 UTC 2005

If you don't have a Mac with an ATI Rage Mobility M3 video card you
should move on to the next message (as far as I can see there is no
PPC-specific Ubuntu list).

I thought the attached patch may be useful to some people. It fixes a
timing problem with the ATI framebuffer which results in waves moving
down the screen of a monitor or projector attached to the projector port
on a G3 iBook (and probably many others). The patch was originally made
by hand tuning a 2.4 kernel patch to the Debian/Sarge 2.6.8 sources, it
applies to the Ubuntu 2.6.10 sources with some offsets.

To enable video mirroring you will need the m3mirror utility which can
be obtained from: http://penguinppc.org/~benh/

James

| James Tappin           | School of Physics & Astronomy |  O__    |
| sjt at star.sr.bham.ac.uk | University of Birmingham      | --  \/` |
| Ph: 0121-414-6462. Fax: 0121-414-3722                  |         |