Performance shock

Ed Sutherland digital at twcny.rr.com
Tue Apr 26 03:33:56 UTC 2005

I'm far from a Windows fan, but I've never experienced much slowdown or
wasted much productivity due to security scans or MS patch installation.
I schedule any anti-virus scans for early in the morning, when I'm off
grabbing a cup of coffee anyway, or late at night before I shut down the
system. In today's world, we don't normally look upon keeping the door
locked or not talking to the local sex offender as tasks that waste our
time or degrade our productivity; such actions are simple precautions we
take while living in the real world.

Ed