Performance shock

Robert L Parker bposs at dodo.com.au
Tue Apr 26 02:53:04 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-04-25 at 21:54 -0400, poptones wrote:

> I cannot believe in all that time you have never...
> opened a folder containing a few thousand images
> selected a few hundred from the middle of the list...
> press "delete" or otherwise moved the files with the window still
> open.

I honestly can't see why anyone would want to do that. In Windows you
are stuck in the gui unless all your files are in 8.3 format. Windows
takes forever to do anything serious in the file system. Ok maybe
Nautilus takes even longer, I would not know because if I have anything
serious to do with a bunch of files I use the command line instead.

Just my 2 bits.

Bob