"Racer" anyone ?

Jon Dixon dixon.jon at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 11:19:33 UTC 2005

Maybe it's not in the repos due to being technically closed source.
According to the site source is only available to alleviate binary
issues and changes are not recommended but may be submitted for
review, although big changes are apparently not worth it. Sounds a bit
odd.

IMHO, games like this are best served by consoles.

- Jon

On 4/25/05, Vincent Trouilliez <vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr> wrote:
> I would like to get the game "Racer" (http://www.racer.nl/) running on
> Ubuntu, but on the download page I can 't see any .deb, and I can see it
> in Synpatic, not even in Breezy.
> However a friend using Mandrake, had a RPM for it in the Mandrake
> repositories, and it worked. Well, there is no sound or joystick
> control, only the mouse, but the game starts, graphics are great etc, so
> it's promising.
>
> Has anyone tried/managed to install it on Ubuntu ? Warty or Hoary ?
>
> And where should I go to ask for it to be added to the Breezy
> repositories, once it's a bit stable ?
>
> --
> Vince

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we
can solve them.
   - Isaac Asimov