Performance shock (oops follow-up)

Ed Sutherland digital at twcny.rr.com
Sun Apr 24 19:45:51 UTC 2005

I completely agree about the eventual slowdown of Windows. The
responsiveness of Windows after a fresh install has little in common
with the sluggish behavior after a few weeks of everyday thrashing.
(Although, to be fair, I wonder how much of this loss of speed can be
regained by regular defrag and registery cleanup?)

Your point about pre-linking applications for increased speed was
intriguing. What is pre-linking?

Ed