Can't set LD_LIBRARY_PATH in .gnomerc

ZIYAD A. M. AL-BATLY zamb at spymac.com
Sun Apr 24 12:23:52 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-04-24 at 03:31 -0400, James Carroll wrote:
> Hi, I'd like to set my LD_LIBRARY_PATH in .gnomerc, but something is
> clearing it after I set it.  I'm trying to make it so that I can run
> wxPython scripts from Nautilus launchers (notice no bash shell
> involved here.) and I want to point LD_LIBRARY_PATH to the particular
> development modules I want it to use.
>
> My work-around at the moment is to create my own python executable in
> /usr/local/bin/python  that sets LD_LIBRARY_PATH and then invokes the
> real python... but having to rely on local being earlier in the PATH
> is kinda sketchy.
>
> Thanks,
> -Jim

What did you exactly put in your "~/.gnomerc"?

The right thing would be:
        LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/some/dir/you/want:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH"
        export LD_LIBRARY_PATH

(To check if everything is right, open a terminal, and run one of the
following (or both):
        echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH
        set
also, I know you said you want to run it from Nautilus directly, try
running your application from a shell to see what it might report to you
or check ~/.xsession-errors for any error reported by the application.)

Ziyad.