Permissions

Andy andy.choens at gmail.com
Sat Apr 23 04:57:16 UTC 2005

Umm, I've never done this before.  I was messing around with some
files, and changing their permissions.  For some reason I have some
pictures marked as being executable.  Well, in the process of doing
that, Nautilus crashed.  Now I have several directories that I can't
access.  They are in my home directory, I made them, but when I try to
change (cd @ commandline) to ~/Desktop I get permission denied.  So, I
checked my permissions.  User gunksta (me) has read and write
permissions.  I checked running as root, my files are still there, I
just can't get to them.  What gives and what can I do to get back my
stuff?

--andy
Andy Choens
Teen Leadership Program Director