another XFCE question

Kenton Brede kbrede at nixnotes.org
Fri Apr 22 13:43:40 UTC 2005

On Fri, Apr 22, 2005 at 08:36:10AM -0400, sara vasquez (sarava at verizon.net) wrote:
> ok so I read the manual, but I can't figure out how to see my removable
> devices like my USB flsh drive or even my CD-rom. whne I was in gnome
> and KDE they would appear in the dsktop, but now I va no idea where they
> are.

I don't use xfce so I'm not sure about any GUI access.  Both your CD-ROM
and flash drive are mounted in directories under /media.  You could use
nautilus or the command line to navigate there.  The CD-ROM on my system is
mounted under /media/cdrom and my flash drive is /media/KINGSTON
Kent

--
"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."
  - Martin Luther King Jr.