Pdf Image problems

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Thu Apr 21 05:33:20 UTC 2005

William F Pearson III wrote:
> Thanks Kenton, I'll try it on a different printer here. It must be a
> conflict with the resolution capabilities with the printer.

GIF uses the LZW compression algorithm, which was protected by patents
until recently. Because of Unisys' draconian patent licensing scheme,
most open source PDF offerings don't support GIF images well.

I'd suggest using a PNG image instead... You can convert like this:

convert foo.gif foo.png

(But you need image magick installed)

Cheers,
Mikal

--

Michael Still (mikal at stillhq.com) | "The geek shall inherit
http://www.stillhq.com            |  the earth"

Linux.conf.au 2005 -- Quite like an excellent Linux and Open Source
conference. http://lca2005.linux.org.au