Oddity in /proc/

Matthew S-H mathbymath at aol.com
Thu Apr 21 00:53:29 UTC 2005

I seem to have found an "oddity" in "/proc/".  Chances are, all of the
experts on this list know about this and I'm just showing off my
newb-ish-ness, but i would like to ask anyway.

When I type in "sudo ls /proc/1/auxv", I don't get a "normal" output.
It outputs "/proc/1/auxv".  Is this normal?  Shouldn't it list some
files?  And when I type in the same thing with the -a parameter,
shouldn't it show the implied "." and ".." directories?  For some
reason it doesn't.

~Matt