Clipboard program for Ubuntu/Gnome?

Thomas Templin lists at gnuwhv.de
Wed Apr 20 15:32:49 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 20 April 2005 14:49, bjunix wrote:
> but this is not exactly what we are looking for. (at least for my
> part) . clipboard-daemon is a nice programm, i appreciate it very
> much. but i am looking for the functionallity klipper comes with.
> that you can load the clipboard with previously selected
> text.shouldnt be to hard to code.
>
> but at the moment , my studies dont allow me time for projects
> like this.

I'm using klipper whithin Gnome panel.
And a lot of other KDE tools like akregator, kwallet, kgpg,...

- Add notifcation area to GNOME panel
  May be it's an idea to use an extra panel for this. It's a good
  choice if your panel has a lot of icons
- Start klipper and it will show up in notification area
  Applications -> Run Application, klipper
  And you are ready to use klipper as you did in KDE klipboard

Choose save session when you leave your gnome session and all this
will be there on the next startup.

Bye,
Thomas

--