[Warty] - Printer drivers and installation - Linz

Lindsay judenlinz at orcon.net.nz
Tue Apr 19 23:24:10 UTC 2005

Below is a note from a friend on a Windows PC helpers list that has just
installed Ubuntu Warty.   Both he and I are having trouble getting our
PC's to share printers on our home networks.  Finding drivers and then
how& where  to install them.  His problemsd below.  My printer is a
Canon MPC190.  Any suggestions please?

I have been trying to find out how to print to my networked printers
using Linux. So far, the system has recognized the presence of a
Brother
HL-5040 and an Epson Stylus C20UX attached to the system. The keyboard
was a problem because it would not let me produce the forward/back
slashes in the network path. Anything printed to one of them now sits
in
the print queue forever.

Guessing that it might need printer drivers, I dug up the driver CDs,
only to find they don't contain any Linux support. Finally, this site:
http://gimp-print.sourceforge.net/
Here at least there is printer support stuff, but I'm lost for knowing
what to pick and how to use it once downloaded. Got some suggestions?

--
Regards, John Durham <http://modecideas.com/contact.html?sig>
ICQ number 112663246

-------list-services-below-----------