Gnome or KDE?

thane ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Tue Apr 19 12:41:00 UTC 2005

Another option not mentioned yet would be for you to try the Knoppix or
even the Kanotix live cds. They have a lot more kde applications for
you to try out than either Mepis or the default installation of
Kubuntu. Plus they could be useful by themselves at some point in the
future as well, e.g., disk tools.

To put another spin on this discussion, while I generally prefer kde, I
find myself installing the kde applications, and then using the gnome
desktop so that I can also use my favorite kde apps when I want to
without losing the beaty of gnome (Have my cake and eat it too).  :)

--
thane