Openoffice stops working

Darryl Clarke smartssa at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 01:14:46 UTC 2005

On 4/17/05, Christoph Georgi <christoph.georgi at web.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just opened openoffice using a *.doc document and openoffice crashed.
> Can't open any documents anymore at all. I can open openoffice, but as
> soon as I try to open a document or even a new document it crashes.
> Nothing appears on the log files.
>
> Any pointers would be really appreciated..

My OpenOffice just stopped working too.

It's not what I call a convenient thing.

I opened an sxw file (writer) and it hung on "opening file..." in the
status bar. I killed it, tried again.

When I open it from a terminal it says it found a lock in
.openoffice/1.1.3/.lock resuming existing session.

So I deleted the .lock file

Tried to open a different file and the same thing happens.

If I open 'openoffice' by itself it will give me the limited gui and
menus, as soon as I try to open something (existing, or new) it will
just hang. No cpu usage, no nothing - just not working.

I deleted the .openoffice folder completely, as well as the .sversions
file to force a new-user setup. The command line spewed out that it
was initializing and running the setup.

Attempted to open a file, and pewf. same issue.

~ Darryl  ~ smartssa at gmail.com
http://smartssa.com / http://darrylclarke.com
International Clean Your Windows Day - April 22, 2005
http://pileofcrap.org/news/2096/