WiFi troubles: Netgear WG311T

Samuel Thurston, III sam.thurston at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 18:57:13 UTC 2005

On 4/17/05, Fred Blaise <chapeaurouge at madpenguin.org> wrote:
> Hello
>
> I had some similar issues with my netgear 511... It was some new
> chipsets, and neither prism54 not ndiswrapper worked. They both locked
> up my machine.
> The only solution I have found to this day is to use the commercial
> driver from Linuxant, which works ok, even thought their latest release
> has a pb with preemptible kernels.
>
> fred

Thanks for the tip, as this fixed my issue entirely.  it said to
disable the preemptible flag and rebuild the drivers if i have
problems but it seems to work great.  $19.95 is an awful lot to pay
for one card's drivers, but i guess it beats returning my card and
trying for a third time to find a card that works natively or with
ndiswrapper.