passwordless login

Matt Price matt.price at utoronto.ca
Mon Apr 18 16:58:09 UTC 2005

ho folks,

I just set up an old computer for my 6-year-old daughter.  She has a
lot of trouble typing in her password -- she doesn't type (or read or
write!) very well and it's difficult for her when she can't read the
letters.  I was considering giving her a null password, adding her
username to "DenyUsers" in /etc/ssh/sshd_config,  and removing
her name from the sudoers file.  I imagine this is strongly frowned
upon.  Nonetheless I'd like to do it if I can; but passwd doesn't like
the null password (unsurprisingly).  Is it possible to do this?

thanks much,

matt

Matt Price	    matt.price at utoronto.ca
History Department, University of Toronto
(416) 978-2094

The following addresses are for you if you're an evil spambot:
zeus at derailleur.org aardvark at derailleur.org