Kubuntu experience

Dennis Kaarsemaker dennis at kaarsemaker.net
Mon Apr 18 16:27:43 UTC 2005

On ma, 2005-04-18 at 22:32 +0930, Brian Astill wrote:
> I have Kubuntu on my other system.  It IS Kubuntu I'm complaining
> about.

I must have misread that, sorry.

> I have had ZERO trouble with my Warty-KDE-plus-root-password on the
> system I am using to prepare this post.

+root password you say, so not sudo. Very likely you don't run into
trouble, but you need the root password to use it. If you see bugs in
Kubuntu, then file them instead of complaining.

> sudo is NOT "the standard".  It might be ubuntu's standard.  All the
> unixen I know use the standard root password/user password
> combination
> and leave sudo for use in special circumstances.

Give me a for instance please. All good setups of linux networks i have
seen use sudo for administration tasks, so this is just a matter of what
you encounter...

Sudo is THE standard for Debian and Debian based distributions.
--
Dennis K.
 <- Are you suicidal?