Startup Script for Firefox

Kenton Brede kbrede at nixnotes.org
Mon Apr 18 15:24:30 UTC 2005

On Sat, Apr 16, 2005 at 09:40:35AM +1000, Alfred Vahau (alfredv at upng.ac.pg) wrote:
> I have customized the Ubuntu-installed Firefox browser for browsing our
> online Library Catalogue.
> I now want to put it in a start up script so that after a user logs in
> from the desktop, Firefox is automatically
> fired up displaying the page for the Online catalog. I want to
> experiment with the script
> and find the right run level to place it under but being new to Ubuntu
> (2 weeks now), I would appreciate some pointers in where I may look.

One other tidbit that sprung to mind.  It has been a few years since I
put together a kiosk but if you don't need printing enabled through
firefox, disable it.  To see why, go to file/print/properties and
replace the print command with xterm, then print.
Kent

--
"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."
  - Martin Luther King Jr.