mounting for non-root users

Todd Slater dontodd at columbus.rr.com
Mon Apr 18 13:55:27 UTC 2005

Hi Emil:

On Mon, Apr 18, 2005 at 03:31:55PM +0200, Emil Oppeln-Bronikowski wrote:
> Todd Slater napisaƂ(a):
>
> >2. sudo chmod 4755 /usr/bin/ncpmount
> >

> Ouch. Never do that. I don't know about Novell stuff, but all the
> devices that are user-enabled sits in my /etc/fstab. For NFS, Samba,
> VFat and others there's an option called user, so when you add a
> following line
>
> /dev/ice /pa/th MyFilesystem user,noauto 0 0
>
> All the users would be able to mount and dismount device by calling
>
> mount /pa/th
>
> from the shell.

I tried finding the device path by mounting it via sudo and peeking at
/etc/mtab, copied that info into /etc/fstab and added the user option. I
still get the same error.

The device path seems weird because it starts with the server name; it
finds it, though, because "sudo mount /mnt/novell" works but again not for
regular user.

Todd