Printer Sharing Problem

Rainer Gutkas Rainer.Gutkas at kstp.at
Mon Apr 18 10:17:18 UTC 2005

I tried reinstalling cups on the notebook, and installing the network
printer manually, still nothing, it just dosen't work ;-(
Hagen : I don't believe that this problem of mine is hardware specivic.
So my network runs fine, otherwise I couldn't write this to you. And I
often encountert same problems with Ubuntu on both maschines, Powerpc
and PC, so those problems were sure software specivic. I can't test this
issue with a PC, because the PC is what is running as Printserver, so it
wouldn't make lots of sence testing if he responds to his own broadcast.
Have you tried to run ethereal on your system, to see if there are
broadcasts sent out from cups?
What I observed is that I can't see a response to the broadcast from the
notebook, but actually I don't know if it is ment to respond to the sups
broadcast. Probably anyone can tell me?

THX,

rainer