Printer Sharing Problem

Rainer Gutkas Rainer.Gutkas at kstp.at
Mon Apr 18 07:32:35 UTC 2005

I don't have a firewall running on one of the two systems, I got one to
the outside world (Internet) on my router and hope it's enough. So this
can't be the problem.
The funny thing is that printer sharing worked and now doesn't work
anymore and I'm not aware of having done anything to reconfigure cups or
change anything within cups or something like that. So the server also
sends out messages as said, that there is a printer. It just isn't
recognized by the client. And if I manually set up the printer at the
client side I only get connection errors.

And I also gotta appologize to hagen, sorry I didn't see your message
one week ago. But I also couldn't have given you a solution, because I
haven't had such a problem since the last few days. But probably we can
figure out what's wrong...