unrar

toyfactory toyfactory at xsmail.com
Mon Apr 18 01:53:53 UTC 2005

On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 16:30:26 -0400, "Turin Turambar"
<ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org> said:

> I have just installed unrar-nonfree, but when I click on the rar
> archive, file roler says "Archive not supported"?

PaoBac solved this problem for me last week:

"there is a bug in file-roller that prevents you using rar archives
unless you have both rar and unrar commands available on your system,
as a workaround you can do the following:

cp /usr/bin/rar /usr/bin/unrar

The bug will be fixed in version 2.10.3"

Creating a link /usr/bin/rar to /usr/bin/unrar also worked for me.

Cheers,

Nick