ralink wireless driver

Christoph Georgi christoph.georgi at web.de
Sun Apr 17 22:42:49 UTC 2005

Hi,

with 'make' the rt2500.ko was build into the rt2500 folder. 'make
install' copies rt2500.ko into /lib/modules/2.6.10/extras. If you use
the ubuntu standard kernel, you can delete the 2.6.10 folder.
Furthermore, the installation makes a file called modules.conf (check
the output of 'make install') in /etc. This file can be deleted, too.

The rt2500.ko should be copied to
/lib/modules/2.6.10-5-386/kernel/drivers/net/wireless as this seems to
be the place where wireless lan driver modules are stored. The first
time you want to use the driver, modprobe will not find it by itself. cd
to the folder you stored rt2500.ko in and run '$ insmod rt2500.ko' to
insert the module into the kernel. The next time you boot, everything
works out of the box.

regards
.christoph

P.S.: I cannot reply to your email address due to some user quota error?!?!

--

Christoph Georgi
email.  christoph.georgi at web.de
fon.	+64 (0)9 815 8259