Sharing /home between hoary and breezy

Tony Arnold tony.arnold at manchester.ac.uk
Sat Apr 16 22:20:07 UTC 2005

I've just installed breezy in a spare partition along side my hoary
installation. My boot menu is such that I can boot either into hoary or
into breezy. I've set it up so the /home is common between the two
installations.

I'm just wondering if there is likely to be any backward compatibility
problems with my configuration files in my home directory. I'm thinking
a change to these under breezy might be unknown to my hoary system and
screw things up.

Am I safe running this way, or is there some risk here? I've yet to boot
my breezy system as I figured wouls see what comment I got!

TIA

Tony.
Manchester Computing, Kilburn Building, Oxford Road, Manchester M13 9PL.
E: tony.arnold at manchester.ac.uk, H: http://www.man.ac.uk/Tony.Arnold