Video editing/mastering : need advice...

Rainer Gutkas Rainer.Gutkas at kstp.at
Sat Apr 16 15:53:03 UTC 2005

Hi there!

I do some video editing, but to be honest I'm also quite new to the
linux video editing world. As I also wanna do VJ'ing I've searched for
apropriate tools and found a somehow dirty distro called Dyne:Bolic.
This Distro just comes with a live CD and uses a RAM-Disk as a storage,
only knows english as language and keyboard settings.....
It is dedicated to multimedia editing, so you got all the stuff needed
for that built in (Live, Cinerella,...). But be aware, my system (a 2Ghz
Pentium II with 640 MB Ram) is not strong enough to handle cinerella, I
get resource problems when I just wanna open a video.
But you don't have to install it, it runs from cd, you got acess to
you're harddisk, so you can store the files you've edited. And if you
got more maschines, it can share computation among them.
http://www.dynebolic.org/
So I only use it for multimedia editing, I prefer the  fine and clean
setup of Ubuntu for regular use, but for Multimedia editing I found it
to be a good choice, if you can live with the troubles video editing
brings on all systems: long computation times and great instability from
the programs.

Hope this helps,

Rainer