Video editing/mastering : need advice...

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr
Sat Apr 16 02:45:05 UTC 2005

I have a couple little videos (about 2 minutes each, under 10MB), that
were recored from Télévision, so the sound is mono. Problem is that it's
really mono, that is, the sound play only on one channel (left ear) and
nothing on in the right ear, so it's not very pleasing to listen to.

Is there a way to rectify this ?
If I use some video editing program (recommendations, advice ?), will it
let me "duplicate/clone" the sound existing left channel onto the right
channel ?

According to totem-xine, the details of the file(s) are as follow :

------------------------------
File extension : AVI

Video:
   - Dimension: 320x240
   - Codec:     Microsoft MPEG-4 v3 (ffmpeg)
   - Framerate: 0 Frames per second (???)

Audio:
   - Bitrate:    0 kbps (???)
   - Codec:      MS Windows Media Audio 2 (ffmpeg)

Doable ?

I can e-mail the start of the video if it would help, now that Zyiad
showed me how to use the 'dd' command, I can cut the video to
length/size to whatever is considered as acceptable by you as an e-mail
attachment... :o)

--
Vince